Sunday, March 10, 2013

Revlon Whimsical over China Glaze Kinetic Candy

So.. this is a disappointing one. Hehe! I don't have a lot of entries that don't sound excited, hyped-up, and adrenaline-rushed! Haha! But I guess when you've tried on so many nail polish and experimented on so many designs, there comes a time when you are sadly, just not happy with the results.


This is 2 coats of Revlon Whimsical layered over 2 coats of China Glaze Kinetic Candy. I think it's a great combination. The colors work very well. It starts off as a pale baby blue with China Glaze Kinetic Candy (sorry, I didn't get to take a shot of this plain) and it turns into a mint green because of the tint on Revlon Whimsical.


Revlon Whimsical has pink and blue hex glitter, regular silver glitter, and faint blue micro glitter, all sparsely mixed into the mint jelly base. It looks very pretty from afar. But not so up close. See the bubbles? Eewww gross. Hehe.

Maybe I'm not being fair. My top coat is largely to blame. I mixed it with some solvent because it started getting goopy and I shaked the bottle so hard. I let it rest for a few minutes and when I didn't see the bubbles anymore, I started using it. Perhaps there were still some tiny ones that weren't visible to the naked eye.

But my beef with Whimsical is that I feel like the glitters are a bit too sparse. You don't get a lot with 1 coat, and to achieve this effect, you need to make 2 thick coats and swirl the brush around to pick up more glitter. Maybe it's meant to be more subtle. But I was just a little disappointed because I read somewhere that Revlon Whimsical has more glitters than Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air.

Aaaanyway, for a quick mood changer, I suggest you head over to Polished Pinay instead, and check out her version of this! :)

My only consolation from this mani is that it was in theme with my outfit last Friday. Haha! But a little too matchy matchy, perhaps? Haha! The spring/summer weather here in Manila just called out for some mint green! :)

Topshop mint green drape front chiffon longsleeve top, Mango tie dye skinny jeans, Tutum Victoria mint flats

Earlier today, I wore it with a coral dress for contrast. This looks like a good color palette. :)

Mango coral dress, Tory Burch Sally 2 mid wedge peep toe sandals in knot

Have you ever tried Revlon Whimsical? How do you like it?

Thanks for reading and a good day to you all! :)
 

12 comments:

  1. Aww I'm so sad you didn't like this so much! But it looks nice on you and with your outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was supposed to take it the day after but it kind of grew on me, so I still have it on :) Been wearing a lot more green or coral to match my nails haha! I like the color, but the 4 layers of polish just feels thick, and I hate the bubbles. It's mostly the bubbles.. haha

      Delete
  2. I don't have Revlon Whimsical only the CG Kenetic Candy. I'll wait for Revlon Whimsical na mag 25% off and I'll get it. hehehe.. By the way I like the result and it looks great with your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can check https://www.facebook.com/PolishedInTheCity if she has stock :) Aww.. thanks! :D

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty colour! Looks lovely with both outfits- definitely has me craving spring weather!

    Tasha x
    http://tashalaurencleary.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just checked out your site! I love your mint chiffon top too. I hope we see more of this color. Then, I'll have some shopping to do. Haha! Followed your blog :D

      Delete
  4. Love the mint green jelly combination, they match your top and flats beautifully! I've been looking for the perfect mint green polish and I was seriously considering this one but I'm disappointed to hear about the bubbles =( Do you have any other suggestions for mint green polishes?

    - Tiffany
    http://withlove-tiffany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! :) Oh, I figured that the bubbling was caused by my top coat. So that aside, I actually ended up liking this combination. :) You should go try Revlon Whimsical if you get a chance. It's very popular. Other mint greens in my collection are Revlon Minted and Orly Jealous Much. I don't have swatches of them on my blog though, but you can go check them out. :) Good luck in your search! And keep it up with the blog! Nice work :)

      Delete
  5. hmmmm cant help but notice ur perfect pretty fingers :) . ...is that an opentoe wedge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, that's a peep toe wedge from Tory Burch. It's one of my go-to shoes! :)

      Delete