Wednesday, March 13, 2013

OPI Liquid Sand What Wizardry Is This?

Disney's Oz The Great and Powerful movie was released in Manila last week. I haven't seen it yet but I heard mixed reviews about it. Have you seen it? The 2D interactive imagery on the official website blew me away. You can pan the image in different angles. Very creative! :)

Anyway, we're not here to talk about the movie. I wanted to share with you the only OPI Liquid Sand from the movie-inspired OPI collection. This is called What Wizardry is This? I was immediately drawn to the antique gold color! I got this for a couple of weeks now and already wore it some time back but only got to write about it today.


This just took 2 easy coats on top of a base coat. No top coat needed. You can see the gold peeking through like a hidden treasure. I'm not sure why this color was part of the Oz collection. Maybe because it looks magical or mystical? But wouldn't it be more fitting to have a glitter emerald Liquid Sand instead? Hehe! I feel like this would've fit more with the Pirates of the Carribean. :)


I first saw this color from Marta of Chitchat Nails. I like my edgy colors and I think that's what the OPI Liquid Sand stands for. (I'll be coming up with a separate review to compare it against the Zoya PixieDust, so stay tuned.) 


The texture is different from what we've seen from the Mariah Carey collection. You can check my post on Mariah Carey's OPI Liquid Sand The Impossible here. This is more straightforward, with no chunky glitter, and closer to the PixieDust formula, with matte gold sparkle instead of silver. I like the depth that the texture creates.

The color is a very rich dark brown taupe with antique gold shimmer. I've never seen anything like it before, so I was very happy with this! Depending on the lighting/shade, the intensity of the gold varies. The picture below was taken in artificial light. But in broad daylight, it glistens! :)


If you're not averse to the sandy texture, you should get this. In my opinion, it's the best polish from the Oz collection. Very unique and there's nothing like it! :)

It's a shame that I forgot to try it with a top coat on! But you can head over to this site for more swatches.

Enjoy the rest of the week!
  

5 comments:

  1. Haha I agree this would look better in the Pirates collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove it! Have a great day!! :)
    xxKrisella

    http://lippiemonster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D Nice blog! You surely have a lot of lip stuff! :) Check out https://www.facebook.com/messages/PolishedInTheCity (or @polishedinthecity in Instagram) if you haven't yet. She has a lot of stuff that I think you'll like to add to your collection! :)

      Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  3. Hi Karen nice post...i just wanted to ask if where did you buy your OPI nail polish/es? and how much is it???

    Anyway, i started to blog...and i think we have the same interest...lol..please visit mine too and follow me :)) ... http://sportyandglammy.blogspot.com/

    i followed you already.thanks

    ReplyDelete