Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Polished Inthecity goes to Mercato

Hi everyone! I just have to sneak in this quick post to promote an event coming up this weekend! 

Polished Inthecity will be at the Mercato Bazaar on October 19, 20, and 21. That's from Friday to Sunday this week! They will be selling ladies accessories and nail polish! :D I already had a sneak peak; and boy, there's a lot in store for us!!

One of the many things that I bought is a necklace, which inspired me to do matching nails. So today, I'm showing you what I have on my nails real time! This is a rare deal since I'm always delayed with my blog posts. More so because of my busy schedule as of late. But this can't wait!


The weather is pretty good lately. We're seeing a lot more sun and it's just about time to start wearing bright, fun colors!


I didn't realize that I also bought nail polish to match! This is OPI Fly from the Nicki Minaj collection. It looks so much nicer in person than in the picture. You can surf the web for other swatches so that you can really appreciate how nice this is. I would probably call this a "crelly"--a mix of creme and jelly. It's opaque in two coats but at the same time has that sheer, glossy quality to it that adds depth to the polish. I would compare the finish to OPI You Don't Know Jacques. The color is very vibrant and still so squishy and polished. The application was amazing! If you can get just one bottle from the collection, this should be it!


I also got China Glaze I'm Not Lion from the Safari collection. Isn't it a beauty?! I couldn't resist putting this on right away! I could stare at it all day...


Here's a close up shot of the gooorgeous glitter! I dare you to zoom in! It's a mix of gold, silver, and holos!! All in just two coats!!


For my ring and pinky fingers, I used Sassy nail art polish in yellow and orange respectively. I got them for a little over than 30 pesos from Watsons and they're all I use for my nail art designs. Very handy for that extra splash of color!

For my base and top coat, I have actually set aside my Orly Bonder base coat, Orly Sec-n-Dry top coat, Sally Hansen insta-dri anti-chip top coat, and Seche Vite dry fast top coat. I have been using the Dazzle Dry system for more than 2 weeks now and I'm a convert. It's my first time to try it on non-Dazzle Dry polish and it didn't disappoint. In fact, the experience was phenomenal!! I didn't time how fast the whole manicure dried but everything was pretty solid after I did the last of my nails (did the glitter polish last because I knew it was the fastest to dry). Well, they say it's best that you use the system with the Dazzle Dry polish, but I think it works wonders with other brands too. More on Dazzle Dry on my next post.


Anyway, I left Polished Inthecity with a total of 4 new bottles of polish! Hehe! These two plus China Glaze Sea Spray from the Anchors Away collection and OPI Crown Me Already from the Ms. Universe collection. Crown Me Already is another amaaazing glitter polish. All silver but in different sizes--micro glitter, hex glitter, and everything in between! It's very dense and glitter-packed! I hope I can swatch that for you soon! I actually bought it for Kim's challenge #3. :D

Going back to accessories, I also bought a chain bracelet that you wrap around your wrist. It comes in various colors. I got the black one because it looked so elegant, but I also pre-ordered this in green! I turned it around for the photo so that you can see it with my nails. :)


Polished Accessories. :)  Don't they just look sooo good together?! :)

If you can't wait until Friday, you can also check out Polished Inthecity online via Facebook. Click on this link for a shortcut to the Accessories album.


I'm excited for the weekend! Hope to see you there! :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment