Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day Nail Art

I came up with this design a while back, but saved the whole manicure for Valentine's because I thought that it would be perfect for the occasion. Those glitter hearts are something! They're just the right pearly pink that's so dainty and romantic.


For my base coat, I used Dazzle Dry. Then, I put on 3 coats of Dazzle Dry Touch of Love, which is the perfect shade of pink that complements the hearts, and the name of the polish is just spot on!



Alternatively, you can use Orly Confetti. They should look similar, except that Confetti is more sheer and might need more coats. Both polish will give you that jelly or crelly (somewhere in between a creme and jelly, you know, not a flat solid creme) effect.


After the base color, I did 1 coat of The Face Shop WH003 glitter hearts polish, which only ended up being the small holographic glitter. Hehe! It took some effort to pick up the hearts one by one and place them on the nail, but it's well-worth the extra work. Still so much easier than having to do some real nail art! After the hearts, I covered everything with the Dazzle Dry top coat.


This is just all about layering. I think this could've looked better if the hearts were more randomly placed though. :) But I was happy with how it came out in the end.

And that's it! I leave you with these two music videos from the Plain White T's!! Enjoy and spread the LOVE! <3

Rhythm of Love


1, 2, 3, 4




2 comments:

  1. I like it, simple dainty valentine's nail art! Also I love the lightness of pink of dazzle dry. I'm including that pretty on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JanzCrystalz! :) You're right! There is that light airy feeling to it that I love! <3

      Delete